Pregnant clients may want the guidance and natural birth expertise of a Licensed Midwife but would feel more comfortable or have a pre-existing health condition that warrants birthing in a hospital. As a midwife, I offer midwifery skill of checking dilation and mother/baby vitals in the role of a doula. These services are what makes hybrid care so unique and desired: A Doula alone is not legally allowed to provide examinations and assessments, however a Licensed Midwife can! Each birth receives the Midwife’s wealth of experience in support women during natural childbirth.
Prenatal visits are full of prenatal advice, childbirth education, creating a birth plan and preparing for a hospital birth. Email and text support is unlimited for additional questions and discussion. More visits can be added for $50/hour.
Note: The following is an optimal plan for visits but we welcome clients to enter into care at any point in the pregnancy – we can devise a personalized plan for you.
1st Trimester: Preconception-12 weeks
- 1 visit in the first 12 wks
- Support for nausea, vomiting, fatigue, constipation and headaches
- Optimal nutrition recommendations for pregnancy
- Discussion of pregnancy labs and additional individualized recommendations
- Support to devise a supplement plan based on your labs and health issues
2nd Trimester: 12-28 weeks
- 1 visit at 20-24 wks
- Fine tuning your diet after the first trimester
- Gestational Diabetes prevention
- Childbirth Education and Breastfeeding class recommendations
- How to cultivate healthy vaginal bacteria leading up to the GBS test and birth
- Assembling your birth team
3rd Trimester: 28-42 weeks
- 1 visit at 36wks
- Support for leg cramps, insomnia, heartburn, back pain and other common complaints of pregnancy
- Choosing a pediatrician
- Vitamin K, Erythromycin eye ointment, Hepatitis B vaccine, and the PA or NJ Newborn Screenings for your baby
- Optimal fetal positioning, belly mapping and techniques to create space & balance in your pelvis for a smoother labor and birth
- Preparing for your birth
- Postpartum support planning, how to ask for the help you will need, setting expectations and boundaries, postpartum healing and the transition to motherhood/parenthood
Katarra will come to your home in labor or meet you at the hospital as planned during our prenatal sessions.
Some clients want to just meet at the hospital and some want to stay home as long as possible before heading into the hospital. I offer Monitrice Services during labor away from the hospital: examinations to assess dilation, assessing mother and baby’s vitals to ensure labor is progressing safely.
I will then caravan with you and your partner/support team to the hospital to continue supporting you for the duration of your labor and birth.
Postpartum: Birth-6 weeks
I stay with you about an hour after your baby is born to help you feel settled and help with initiating breastfeeding.
One postpartum follow-up visit is included at about 2 weeks. I offer a weight check for your baby during this time or to help with any breastfeeding or postpartum adjustments. I will be available during this two-week time frame for text/email support. More visits can be added as needed or desired at $50/hour.
- 1 visit in the first 6 weeks after birth-either at your home or at my office
- Your normal newborn
- How to support a fussy baby, dealing with reflux, colic, calming your baby
- Optimal diet and supplements while breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding support including how to boost your milk supply if needed
- Strategizing for safe and healthy sleep for you and baby
- What is mastitis and natural treatments to avoid antibiotics
- Healing after birth, physically and emotionally
- Transitioning to motherhood/parenthood
The Fourth Trimester Program- Helping moms and babies thrive during the first year
Each visit includes an assessment of your diet, sleep, energy, emotional status, and any concerns about you or your baby’s health. Babies will be weighed at every visit so we can watch them grow over the first year.
Visits are $100 each.
Pricing for this service: $1500
Full payment is due at 36 weeks. If for some reason I am unable to attend your birth due to a conflict with the birth of a homebirth client, a backup doula will attend your birth and I will refund you $500 minus $100/each prenatal visit. I will continue to be available for text/email support and will have one visit with you postpartum.